It's Your Choice...
There are lots of ways to make money in real estate. Here are four basic ways that real estate investors make money.
All of these start with finding suitable properties. Once you have the properties, there are choices:
- Sell the lead to an investor for a few hundred dollars.
This is Birddogging – little work, lowest profit to You.
- Negotiate & enter into a purchase agreement, then sell the contract to investor.
This is also known as Wholesaling – some work, good profit in a short time.
- Negotiate a purchase agreement, then buy it, fix it up and sell it at Market value.
Often called Fix and Flip – a lot of work, highest profit usually in 3 to 9 months.
- Negotiate a purchase agreement; then buy it, fix it up and keep it as a rental.
As a rental owner, you have invested time and money for cash flow that pays you month-after-month for years. Done right, the work is done up front and it takes just a little work to keep monthly deposits to your account. After many years, the property can be sold at a profit.
Of the ways listed above, you decide how to work with us. Whichever way you choose, utilizing the linked Property Information Sheet (Form 701) is where to get started. It’s a document used for gathering basic information from City/County public records with room for detailed notes.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to seek out and contact everyone:
- Who has wanted to sell a property but hasn’t (Expired Agent Listings)
- Who is currently in the foreclosure process
- Whose house has gone through the foreclosure process and is now vacant
- Whose house has gone through the foreclosure process, but they still live in it
- Whose house has been taken, or is about to be taken for taxes by the town or city